Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed J Ed J is offline

Default Rebuilding a chimney with no experience

Hi All,
Ive never done DIY before and our chimney stack is leaking. Some bricks in the stack are broken and it generally looks like a rebuild is in order. We have a wood burner running through one pot and Esse gas Aga type stove that runs through the other.
To start off, could an amateur with no building experience rebuild a chimney? Where could I find a €˜how to guide? Can anyone recommend any good (and easily understandable) books?
We are basically broke at the moment and I cant afford £1000s to have a builder do the job.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-3094540-.htm