jeff

Default Kenmore Washer leaks

"ooha" wrote in message . ..

Hi,

The Kenmore (elite) washer

Cute name but does little to ID the washer model/style Model#? Kenmore
is made by a few different manufactures.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

has been leaking at the end of the wash cycle and
at the end of the rinse cycle(s). The leak is from either the washer bottom
to the pump or the pump to the. I placed dry paper towels around these two
joints and determined that the entry to the pump is leaking.

I have checked all the hoses and removed and reconnected them after cleaning
some of the white sludge. No improvement.

Any ideas?

Drain pump on the top load washer style is a common leaking trouble
maker. A fairly quick way to narrow down where to look for a leak,
place a sheet of cardboard under the washer ( it should be almost as
big as the washer ) and run a short cycle. When the washer is
finished, look for the wet spot on the cardboard, this will help point
you in what direction to look for where the leak is coming
from...front...back...right side...left side. If you find the leak to
be a bad pump, replace the pump.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/