Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Blue tooth

Clive Page wrote:
On 11/02/2021 15:42, fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with
Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify
on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

In my very limited experience, Dell might be the problem.

We bought a sound-bar from Enacfire to get better audio quality. This
works fine with a Bluetooth connection from my Windows laptop (Lenovo)
but we had many problems when using it with my wife's laptop which is
from Dell. Eventually (after doing extensive research on Dell Bluetooth
problems) we downloaded updates to all sorts of system software (BIOS,
audio drivers, Bluetooth) and found a combination of settings in which
it worked most of the time.

If your desktop is new enough to have Dell software support still
working try asking them for help. Otherwise see if there are software
updates available.

Some miniPCI modules in laptops, have Wifi and BT on the
same card. And there's some crazy scheme to multiplex
the BT transmit signal onto the same RF coax as
the Wifi. There's some scheme (perhaps in the MAC firmware)
to preventing both from happening at the same time. So if
both want to transmit, one is delayed, and the other goes first.

I've not seen pictures of any lab results, as to how well
this works.

https://www.quora.com/Can-wireless-c...e-same-antenna

# A discussion, but with not a lot of meat on it.

http://www.quantenna.com/wp-content/...in-2.4-GHz.pdf

If the two technologies are not coordinated like that,
you use a Wifi-Only MiniPCI plus an external USB2 Nano BT,
then the things will be colliding all the time anyway
and the BT will just avoid the bins that the Wifi
keeps tramping on.

Both BT and Wifi are supposed to be able to coexist.

And multiple BT piconets can share the same airspace
(with no coordination of frequency-hop patterns needed).
The more piconets you set up, the more collisions between
them, with some statistical probability.

Paul