Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Wiki offline

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 21:43:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 21:41, AnthonyL wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 21:30:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 20:08, Dave W wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 15:30:22 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 13:15, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 11/02/2021 12:45, AnthonyL wrote:

How do you arrive at that from what I see of Dave W's post?:

T24gV2VkLCAxMCBGZWIgMjAyMSAyMDo1Mzo0MCArMDAwMCwgSm 9obiBSdW1tDQo8c2VlLm15LnNp

Even ROT13 gives me gibberish.

Note I'm using a traditional Newsreader.

Dave W's posts are MIME encoded.

which is completely non standard for Usenet and should be rejected

I'm ever so sorry. I am using Forte Agent newsreader. What coding
should I be using to avoid your rejection?

TBH that statement I made ceased to be true some while ago. MIME is
acceptable on Usenet these days. But most people do not code it.

Thunderbird wont let me do any text decoration so I guess its also not
using MIME encoded stuff.

Look thru the choices under ToolsOptionsURL and Mime Settings.

I've just had a look at

https://www.forteinc.com/agent/tutorial.php

Not much mention of text there

so have I and its crap documentation and they expect you to pay for it
and 1.7 is so old the programmer has probably died and gone to hell

On the whole I've not seen reason to move beyond my v1.2 despite its
age. I like off-line readers. I like the way I can click a thread to
"Watch" and the next time it downloads the bodies.

I've tried Thunderbird and it is not as smooth If push came to shove
though that is what I'd use which would give me the
benefit/disadvantage of being able to click on links instead of having
to copy/past

I struggle with the on-line ones that require scoring. I'used to have
one that acted as a server on one of my machines (Hamster?) and then
pointed my Newsreader to that.

Is there a good free off-line newsreader? I suppose I could work
through
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ource_software

Claws is another piece of software I've failed to get on with.

Apologies to John for going off-topic.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?