Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Customer service. Not

On 12/02/2021 12:53, fred wrote:
I note that a lot of companies no longer publish email addresses or phone numbers on their sites.
Their 'Help' section is merely a series of self posed questions and answers. No chance of actually
asking a question. Phone number are just to an automated service with more self posed questions and
answers. Chat line is an option on some sites but chatting to someone in India is not going to
elicit an answer to a serious question.

The last time I tried to use a chat session for help, they asked a
question that required quite a detailed reply, with times, dates,
quotes, etc. - and then dropped the chat session because I did not
manage to type a full (lengthy) answer to their question (including
having to look up some of that information) within 30 seconds!