Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:41:28 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

snip

There seem to be a minority who really seem to think we are 'Great
Britain', rather than the 'Arrogant Britain' who have been taking
liberties around the world for ages .. like some spoilt / kid.

Most of us know quite well that the "Great" in "Great Britain" refers to
being bigger than "Brittany" and nothing more.

I bet you are wrong re your 'most'.

It's just the same with all those who incorrectly say 'Robin Reliant'
because they see the word 'reliant' to mean 'reliable, dependable'
rather than it *just* being the brand name (even if 'it' also carried
that inference). Reliant (marque), Robin (model). ('Most' don't know
why the name Reliant was used by Tom Williams either).

It's like saying 'I have a Ford Escort Turbo' where you are trying to
emphasise the word 'turbo' to imply 'fast / good / fancy' (when the
fact that it had a turbo had no bearing on the fact is was a Ford
Escort and not a Porsche or Trabant).

I question that 'most' would give you an accurate definition of
Britain, Great Britain, England and United Kingdom and how the usage
of each can change depending on if you are talking formally,
informally, politically or geographically, let alone the difference
between being in the EU or Europe or what sovereignty actually means.

Unfortunately these same people are allowed to vote. ;-(

Cheers, T i m