Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Transparent Wood

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:10:06 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:57:08 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
On 2/9/2021 2:02 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/9/2021 9:52 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/scie...lass-1.5902739

Wow!!! that is really cool! Here is to hoping it becomes available at
an affordable price.

It could potentially replace plastic??

Sounds like you can make it yourself. H2O2 + marine epoxy + vacuum bag.

And of course the question every one is waiting for... Can the
transparent wood be stained to look like wood?

Not sure but I'm sure you can paint red like cherry.

In all seriousness I think is pretty cool.

Cool but I'd like more details.

Like "Will it scale?"

I'm sure that a 1 mm thick window has some purpose, but not in a high rise.