Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On 11/02/2021 21:24, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 13:59:59 +0000, Adrian Brentnall
wrote:

snip
....at the moment - many of the suppliers I used to buy from in the UK
have either stopped supplying to the EU, or are selling 'minus UK VAT'
and leaving it up to the couriers to work out local VAT, plus import
duties (20%), plus handling charges, before they deliver the items.

(One particular UK supplier that I have used quite frequently took until
3rd Feb to resume shipments to the EU..)

Net result - buying from the UK is not currently a cost-effective option..

Mate works for a Co in Denmark who supply, install and maintain fire
control systems. He said during the EU Ref circus that if there were
any extra delays or issues buying kit from the UK, they would simply
buy it all elsewhere.

Enjoy that sovereignty....

There seem to be a minority who really seem to think we are 'Great
Britain', rather than the 'Arrogant Britain' who have been taking
liberties around the world for ages .. like some spoilt / kid.

Most of us know quite well that the "Great" in "Great Britain" refers to
being bigger than "Brittany" and nothing more.