Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki offline

On 11/02/2021 21:41, AnthonyL wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 21:30:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 20:08, Dave W wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 15:30:22 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/02/2021 13:15, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 11/02/2021 12:45, AnthonyL wrote:

How do you arrive at that from what I see of Dave W's post?:

T24gV2VkLCAxMCBGZWIgMjAyMSAyMDo1Mzo0MCArMDAwMCwgSm 9obiBSdW1tDQo8c2VlLm15LnNp

Even ROT13 gives me gibberish.

Note I'm using a traditional Newsreader.

Dave W's posts are MIME encoded.

which is completely non standard for Usenet and should be rejected

I'm ever so sorry. I am using Forte Agent newsreader. What coding
should I be using to avoid your rejection?

TBH that statement I made ceased to be true some while ago. MIME is
acceptable on Usenet these days. But most people do not code it.

Thunderbird wont let me do any text decoration so I guess its also not
using MIME encoded stuff.

Look thru the choices under ToolsOptionsURL and Mime Settings.

I've just had a look at

https://www.forteinc.com/agent/tutorial.php

Not much mention of text there

I found an old v 1.5 user guide in australia

try Options†’General Preferences†’Languages tab.

and set usenet text to 7bit not mime and unset usenet mime headers

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain