Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Blue tooth

fred wrote:
New hearing aids have blue tooth capability. Work perfectly with Spotify on phone but drop out occasionally when listening to Spotify on newish Dell desk top.
Why should this happen ??

Stop using the USB3 ports and retest.

USB3 ports are only an issue, when working
equipment is running off them. There can be
2.4GHz emissions which conflict with BT or Wifi.
Because the emissions are broad spectrum, even
the frequency hopping the BT does, is not enough
to counteract the problem. A 5GHz Wifi band will
have no problem at all, as there is a null at 5GHz
for USB3.0.

Also, make sure the Bluetooth nano dongle is line-of-sight
to the recipient. I had trouble with BT and stuff in the way
(to a minor extent, a poor excuse). I put the BT dongle
on a short extender cable and things started working.

Paul