Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Transparent Wood

On 2/10/2021 10:42 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 10:16:12 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On Tue, 09 Feb 2021 20:02:26 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 2/9/2021 9:52 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/scie...lass-1.5902739

Wow!!! that is really cool! Here is to hoping it becomes available at
an affordable price.

It could potentially replace plastic??

Sounds like you can make it yourself. H2O2 + marine epoxy + vacuum bag.

What concentration of H2O2? It's pretty hard to get more than a 3%
solution. B*mb stuff, ya know.

Rocket fuel.

Propellant-grade hydrogen peroxide is available to qualified buyers.
In typical circumstances, this chemical is sold only to companies
or government institutions that have the ability to properly handle
and utilize the material. Non-professionals have purchased hydrogen
peroxide of 70% or lower concentration (the remaining 30% is water
with traces of impurities and stabilizing materials, such as tin salts,
phosphates, nitrates, and other chemical additives), and increased
its concentration themselves[*].

[*] DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME

I've always loved that warning...

"Do not do/try this at home."

OK, I'll do at somebody else's house. I'll do it in my office. (When they let me back in.)

I'll do it at church. I'll do it in the diner on Main St.

Hey, I'm just following the rules. ;-)

You left out "Hold my Beer!"