Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Boiler Noise

RJH wrote:
After 3 component failures in the past few months (heat engine, water pressure
sensor, pressure gauge), it's looking like my Ideal Logic + is on to its 4th.

On starting heat or water and for about 5 minutes, the boiler makes a loud
resonating sound, a bit like a bearing on its very last throes. It's difficult
to tell where it's coming from with the cover on, centre up. I don't think
it's the fan - the noise stops once the boiler stops firing.

Surely thats when the fan stops too?

My money would be on the fan motor bearing. Having said that, we once had
a boiler that howled due to kettling. This was down to a low static head
of pressure and a pump that wasnt removing heat fast enough.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls