Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

On 11/02/2021 11:47, Spike wrote:

"We currently have no available shipping methods" With a bloc we have a
free trade deal with.

Ordered them from Hong Kong instead. No problem although we don't have a
free trade deal with China...

The EU are behaving like sulky teenagers aren't they?

We are being treated worse than any other independent country.

Financial equivalence from the Telegraph..

"Mr Bailey said: "It would be reasonable to think that a common
framework of global standards combined with the common basis of the
rules €“ since the UK transposed EU rules from the outset €“ would be
enough to base equivalence on global standards. Less than this was
enough when Canada, the US, Australia, Hong Kong and Brazil were all
deemed equivalent.

"The EU has argued it must better understand how the UK intends to amend
or alter the rules going forward. This is a standard that the EU holds
*no other country to* and would, I suspect, not agree to be held to itself."

This stance only made sense, Mr Bailey said, if rules were either not
allowed to change €“ which the Bank chief called "unrealistic, dangerous
and inconsistent with practice" €“ or if Britain had to obtain Brussels'
permission to change the rules, which "is not acceptable".

The Governor said he did not want "a low regulation, high-risk, anything
goes financial centre and system", but that it was important rules could
be improved.

British regulations could be changed to free small, UK-only banks from
rules designed for international lenders, he said, something which is
common practice in the US and Switzerland, which are still deemed to be
equivalent by the EU.

Whitehall sources said that Mr Gove was expected to stress the need for
"urgent progress" on Northern Ireland, and for the EU to recognise the
problems being felt by businesses and people living in the region.

'A world in which the EU dictates what rules and standards we have in
the UK is not going to work' "

The EU has declared war on us hasn't it?
That's how scared they are that other nations will follow us.

Don't forget that that nice, amiable Jean-Claude Juncker, who at the
time was General Secretary and Head of the EU Supreme Soviet, said "If
you leave, we will hurt you".

We are now seeing this in action. Expect more of the same.

I hope that the UK government realises that the only way to deal with
threats from the General Secretaries, Kommissars, and Apparatchiks is
with superior force, otherwise there's going to be some form of Prague
Spring from the EUSSR - although not using military force, that would
look just too crude.

Its amazing how scared the EU are to break international law and treat
Britain deliberately worse than any other independent country.

They have effectively declared war. This will not end well for them

Unfortunately, we don't seem to have a Bert Harris to hand. but his
quotation made all those years ago might still apply..."They have sown
the wind, they shall reap the whirlwind".

--
Spike