Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

"We currently have no available shipping methods" With a bloc we havce a
free trade deal with.

Ordered them from Hong Kong instead. No problem although we don't have a
free trade deal with China...

The EU are behaving like sulky teenagers aren't they?

No.

Well - from over here in the EU (Ireland to be precise).....

.....at the moment - many of the suppliers I used to buy from in the UK
have either stopped supplying to the EU, or are selling 'minus UK VAT'
and leaving it up to the couriers to work out local VAT, plus import
duties (20%), plus handling charges, before they deliver the items.

(One particular UK supplier that I have used quite frequently took until
3rd Feb to resume shipments to the EU..)

Net result - buying from the UK is not currently a cost-effective option..

I bought some jewellery fittings last week from a supplier in Poland.
3 days to deliver to Irl, cheaper than the UK supplier I previously
used, no paperwork/duties etc. hassles.

The local discussion groups on Facebook are full of people who used to
buy from the UK and are now full of people seeking alternative suppliers
in the EU.

Same thing the other way round - many Irish sellers have suspended sales
to the UK.

Enjoy that sovereignty....