Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Antifreeze.

On 11/02/2021 08:58, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Fredxx
writes
On 10/02/2021 10:54, Tim Lamb wrote:
I take it the reason the rubber/plastic bulb/hose on my anti-freeze
tester disintegrates between Winters is the alcohol? in the coolant?
Â*Might help if the manufacturers suggested rinsing with fresh water
afterÂ* use!

Never used one. I prefer to add a litre of antifreeze every year of
two depending on the work I've done on the car. But then I add it
mainly for corrosion protection.

Interesting feature on some 70's/80's Ford tractor engines.. coolant
cavitation causing erosion and penetration of cylinders! Not helped by
some of the coolant characteristics.

I had never heard of these problems but they are taken seriously from
the number of articles I found following a search.

https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/si...s/3300963A.pdf