Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Tried to order something from Europe..

"We currently have no available shipping methods" With a bloc we havce a
free trade deal with.

as I have explained elsewhere

An FTA only affects commercial wholesale importation

it has no effect on domestic retail importation

domestic retail importation is still subject to the rules that local (UK)
VAT should be paid on the item, and where appropriate, import duty

Ordered them from Hong Kong instead. No problem although we don't have a
free trade deal with China...

because the HK company is "winging it" hoping that the package wont be
intercepted and duty applied.

The EU are behaving like sulky teenagers aren't they?

No, the rules are at our end

We are being treated worse than any other independent country.

you mean - our domestic shippers apply the rules more thoroughly that other
countries

probably because it gives them an opportunity to whack on a extortionate
handling fee