Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Smith[_4_] Richard Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Hydraulic hand-pump, pressure-gauge and jack / cylinder - buy

"Jim Wilkins" writes:

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

The samples in your tester are similar to my centrally spliced gantry
hoist track problem. I'm trying to determine where to best locate
splice plate bolts so their holes minimally weaken the four 4" x 5.4
channels that comprise the track. Maybe along the web's neutral axis,
if the web has sufficient bearing strength or I weld on
reinforcements?

Another possibility is welding loose-pin hinge leaves under the lower
flanges to take the tension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckle_joint_(mechanical)

I'd like to help you with this, if I can.
Sorry - been preoccupied getting the "testing" thing going

I'll see if can find past articles where you describe the issue.
Do you have a webpage you post pictures and articles to - like I do?
So I can see what you mean?

Regards,
Rich Smith