Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Whirpool Wall Oven FIRE HAZARD; locks and heats by itself

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/10/2021 5:42 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 17:32:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/10/2021 4:11 PM, wrote:

This is just the nature of electronic controls. One signal line is as
likely to fail as any other.
I tried to find a replacement oven with no electronics and had no
luck. My old Whirlpool with mechanical controls lasted almost 40 years
but the can inside finally rusted out.
It was still working fine tho.

I wonder how many appliances are scrapped for minor electronics
problems. Some 20 cent diode fails and a $400 board is needed for the
fix.

There is a guy on U Tube Northridgefix Maybe he could fix it?

Many years ago at work one of our machines was down from a bad circuit
board. The machine maker said it would be $1200 and about a week for
delivery. I took the board to a local guy that did TV repairs and such
out of his basement. Sure enough, he found the bad part, replace it, and
sheepishly asked for $20 for a few minutes work. I gladly paid him.

Mate of mine used to do TV etc repair but now drives a truck.