Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Antifreeze.

On 10/02/2021 10:54, Tim Lamb wrote:
I take it the reason the rubber/plastic bulb/hose on my anti-freeze
tester disintegrates between Winters is the alcohol? in the coolant?

Might help if the manufacturers suggested rinsing with fresh water after
use!

And store it in the dark. I have a pile of old VHS
videos in my spare bedroom, which faces North. They have
been there for about 10 years and about 7 feet
away from the Window, but I noticed the other day that
some of the clear/obscure sleeving pointing towards the
the window have disintegrated, presumably because of UV light.