Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Coming to a smart meter near you...

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 09/02/2021 21:22, newshound wrote:
On 08/02/2021 20:22, newshound wrote:
Well yes, but it is arguably the right way to go. When we were both
kids the way demand was managed was voltage reductions, followed by
area disconnections. And usually the peaks only lasted an hour or two.

I have never experienced that IN MY LIFE in the UK.

Common in the London suburbs in the 1950's.

I lived in the london suburbs in the 1950s. I never saw such

First power cut I remember is the 1970s miners strike

They were not unknow inEdinburgh in the 1940s/50s. Storms from the NE would
cause sea water to get into the power ststion's switchgear. The trams all
stopped. My father had a paraffin lamp hanging on the kitchen wall -
being prepared.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England