Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Shoulda looked closer ...

After having gone to great lengths to forge to rough shape , bandsaw
to closer shape , and do 75% of the machining on a piece of 4140 steel
for the body of a small screwless vice ... I noticed in the notes that
it calls for aluminum . Who in their right mind makes a vise for use on
a machine tool out of aluminum ? I don't so I continued machining . All
I have left to do to the body now is drill the holes to secure the fixed
jaw to the body then I can move on to the jaws . I'll be using 4140 for
those too .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.