Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_9_] Gerry[_9_] is offline

Default Get -40C in my fillet weld tensile break tests

On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 06:45:38 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Gerry" wrote in message ...

In order to draw compressed air from the upper level of my inverted
propane cylinder storage tank; I bazed a half coupling into the inner
end of a reducing bushing (I don't have a welder) and inserted the
smaller pipe through a 3/4" "T" and nipple in the threaded boss. The
branch of the "T" serves as inlet and drain.

--------------------------

Something like this, in effect?
https://www.zoro.com/nibco-2-x-34-x-...x2/i/G1806664/

-------------------------------
I vaguely remember cobbling up a fitting that let compressed air into and
oil out of a tank that had only one opening, back before I had a lathe. I
may have tapped the small end from the inside and cut the two pipes running
into it short enough to not meet.
https://www.buyfittingsonline.com/pi...eable-iron-ul/

By brazing the half of a coupling into the inner end of the reducing
bushing, I, in effect turned it into a coupling for the smaller pipe
(1/4"IPS, IIRC) with threads on the outside to fit into the end of the
3/4" "T" giving a 3/4" close nipple screwed ito the boss of the tank
with a length of 1/4" pipe extending through it up into the tank.