Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default hotspot in the car!

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 10 Feb 2021 03:44:02 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 9 Feb 2021 03:34:07 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:59:45 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 9 Feb 2021 01:57:03 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 12:25:59 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I've started to car shop in advance.

One car has a hotspot.

That's only if a pay for a cable to run to the car, right?

Heh. Good one.

Cindy Hamilton
I couldn't figure out why one would pay extra when his phone already has
data, but googling r3eminded me that some people have kids with tablets
or laptops. I always just stare out the window.

We have two tablets. My husband's is on our cellphone data plan, but mine
isn't. A hotspot in the car could be used to feed data to my table.

Of course, my cellphone can do the same thing.

My previous phone had hotspot, and
I wondered if and how I'd ever use it,

I just used mine on Monday. The home broadband went down
because someone broke a main fibre that affected quite a bit
of my state. Needless to say I couldn't find the wifi usb adapter
for the PC and had to buy another, but it did give me a decent
internet service for the rest of the day. The net came back in
the early evening.

but only a few months later, I stayed in my brother's
old apartment, while he and his wife and kid lived
upstairs. He thought the building had wifi but it was
only the lobby. My phone worked well as the hotspot.

Then 6 months later I rented a room from two guys who
had no internet, only their phones that were not hotspots
for me. Again, mine powered my laptop just fine.

I put the phone right next to the laptop but with a car hotspot, the
driver can turn it off if s/he wants the kids to starte out the window.

And if he wants to risk a bullet in the back of the neck.

You must have tougher children in Oz than the ones I know.

I wondered how the car manufacturer might
justify such a device and ran across this:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/heres-how-wifi-hotspots-work-in-cars/

V. good.