Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default hotspot in the car!

wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 03:34:07 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 5:59:45 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 9 Feb 2021 01:57:03 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 12:25:59 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
I've started to car shop in advance.

One car has a hotspot.

That's only if a pay for a cable to run to the car, right?

Heh. Good one.

Cindy Hamilton
I couldn't figure out why one would pay extra when his phone already has
data, but googling r3eminded me that some people have kids with tablets
or laptops. I always just stare out the window.

We have two tablets. My husband's is on our cellphone data plan, but mine
isn't. A hotspot in the car could be used to feed data to my table.

Of course, my cellphone can do the same thing.

I wondered how the car manufacturer might justify such a device
and ran across this:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/heres-how-wifi-hotspots-work-in-cars/

I think they are just preparing us for the IoT car that is in constant
communication with everything around it. They are just making the
early adopters pay like it as a feature. I am old enough to remember
when seat belts were optional features.

I'm old enough to remember when seatbelts were
addons before they became optional features.