Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

On 09/02/2021 12:30, Chris Hogg wrote:
Either it'll be obvious that CO2 has very
little effect on global temperatures and nobody will be interested in
it anymore, or we will actually have passed the tipping point (for the
nth time!) and the climate will be in thermal run-away.

I think that what will happen in the next decade is that
- people will realise, but will never admit, that CO2 induced global
warming was a marketing scam.
- people will realise, and will admit, that renewable energy is a very
expensive way of achieving almost no carbon reductionist at all.
- people will realise that a lot of fossil fuel comes with a Koran and
middle eastern immigrants bolted on, and would rather it didn't.
- people will realise that in fact nuclear power is here, works, and
could be a lot cheaper if it was deregulated to the point of common sense.
- at some point synthetic fuels will become as cheap as fossil fuels.

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell