Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Get -40C in my fillet weld tensile break tests

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message ...

"Gerry" wrote in message ...

In order to draw compressed air from the upper level of my inverted
propane cylinder storage tank; I bazed a half coupling into the inner
end of a reducing bushing (I don't have a welder) and inserted the
smaller pipe through a 3/4" "T" and nipple in the threaded boss. The
branch of the "T" serves as inlet and drain.

Something like this, in effect?
https://www.zoro.com/nibco-2-x-34-x-...x2/i/G1806664/

I vaguely remember cobbling up a fitting that let compressed air into and
oil out of a tank that had only one opening, back before I had a lathe. I
may have tapped the small end from the inside and cut the two pipes running
into it short enough to not meet.
https://www.buyfittingsonline.com/pi...eable-iron-ul/