Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coming to a smart meter near you...

On 08/02/2021 20:22, newshound wrote:
Well yes, but it is arguably the right way to go. When we were both kids
the way demand was managed was voltage reductions, followed by area
disconnections. And usually the peaks only lasted an hour or two.

I have never experienced that IN MY LIFE in the UK.

wouldn't expect a car to lose a full night's charge. Adding flexibility
reduces the need for reserve capacity, which carries a cost.

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain