Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Coming to a smart meter near you...

In article , newshound
wrote:
On 08/02/2021 16:45, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Jethro_uk
writes
Didn't I warn about this last week ?

And last year ?

And 5 years ago ?

what will they do about people with dumb meters ?

Or those with a non-domestic load (farm use). I was never going to use
household energy for vehicle charging anyway:-)

Somebody with up to date knowledge can confirm but industrial tariffs
have had *off peak* charging for 40 years and load shedding by
agreement more recently.

I'm pretty sure load shedding agreements go back 50 years. And heavy
industry sometimes had their own power stations: remember the hyperbolic
cooling towers at the steelworks next to the Tinsley viaduct?

They were certainly around when I was, as a student, working at an
engineering manufacturer in Edinburgh - 1959.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England