Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Get -40C in my fillet weld tensile break tests

"Transition Zone" wrote in message

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 3:02:33 AM UTC-5, Richard Smith wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" writes:

"Joe Gwinn" wrote in message

Propane boils at -42 C at atmospheric pressure.

Joe Gwinn

-------------------------------
I checked the weather on Spitzbergen to see if the experiment could be
done at ambient temperature there.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/sj/lo...orecast/310461

Funny, New England USA was that cold over the weekend, and we are at
the latitude of Spain.
https://brilliantmaps.com/cities-transposed-latitude/

That must mean that the tip end of Narragansett is about the same average
temperature as the well known shores of Spain in the summer time.

Spitzbergen idea - LOL !

Wow, images of Spitzbergen are nice. I get words like Spitzbergen and
Zugspitze (the highest mountain in German, literally translated as "train
peak") mixed up.

----------------
Away from the coast the summertime highs here are quite close to Madrid's,
35C and above.

I rode the cable car up the Zugspitze and yes, it's spectacular.

My best memory of European mountains was flying low over the lesser-known
Swabian Jura (Alps) between Stuttgart and Augsburg in an Army helicopter
with a view straight down. Probably the worst was riding a speeding, tilting
van up the winding road to Hohenzollern castle and feeling like we were
about to fly off the road and tumble down the steep slope.

Emperor Frederick the Great was there, in a plain wooden coffin on sawhorses
in the castle's entrance.