Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default John Lewis Spectrum Radio - How to get apart?

On 06/02/2021 16:30, George H wrote:
I just remplaced the battery of this John Lewis spectrum radio.
Following advise on removing the side screws holding the antenna, I
needed to lift the edges a bit to move the inner unit out. The battery
was under a black plate and had some black foam over it. mine had
swollen, looked like a little bag.
I purchased one of 2000mah lithium polymer battery (the original is
2100,) at cool components. I was surprised how thin it was compared to
my swollen one. IMPORTANT: I had to swap to polarity of the battery!
Its a bit fiddly but you can pry out the metal pins from the connector
and swap them. Alternatively cut the cable and reconnect crosswise. All
works perfect,

Before replying please read this:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub