Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Abandoned_Trolley Abandoned_Trolley is offline

Default NNTP server recs please

On 08/02/2021 16:48, wrote:
Greetings All,
Altopia sent me an email telling me they will no longer be providing
NNTP service. So I need a new one to continue to read the few
newsgroups I still participate in.
Looking online for reviews I read that some NNTP providers store
posts for as long as 11 years. This might be a good thing as I was
looking for a few posts on rec.crafts.metalworking that I'm sure I saw
less than two years ago but don't seem to be available anymore, at
least from Altopia.
So, recs please?
Thanks,
Eric

---

I am also happy with the free service from Eternal September - in your
OP you didnt say if you were willing to consider a paid service ?

FYI I just loaded up about 118,000 news headers from
rec.crafts.metalworking and there seems to be readable items (not just
headers) going back to around 2009

It will cost you nothing to look

AT