View Single Post
  #13   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default John Lewis Spectrum Radio - How to get apart?

On Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 4:31:02 PM UTC, George H wrote:
I just remplaced the battery of this John Lewis spectrum radio. Following advise on removing the side screws holding the antenna, I needed to lift the edges a bit to move the inner unit out.
The battery was under a black plate and had some black foam over it. mine had swollen, looked like a little bag.
I purchased one of 2000mah lithium polymer battery (the original is 2100,) at cool components. I was surprised how thin it was compared to my swollen one. IMPORTANT: I had to swap to polarity of the battery! Its a bit fiddly but you can pry out the metal pins from the connector and swap them. Alternatively cut the cable and reconnect crosswise. All works perfect,
--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1330472-.htm

We've had two of those. On the first one the front panel cracked in the centre of the speaker grille where you press to switch it on and off - a stupid design! Got a replacement under warranty and it fell off a slightly sloping surface because it doesn't have any rubber feet to stop it doing so. It still worked, after a fashion, but now it won't hold a charge. Never could work out how to pry it apart without butchering it, so this information might be useful.