Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Transition Zone Transition Zone is offline

Default Get -40C in my fillet weld tensile break tests

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 3:02:33 AM UTC-5, Richard Smith wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" writes:

"Joe Gwinn" wrote in message

Propane boils at -42 C at atmospheric pressure.

Joe Gwinn

I checked the weather on Spitzbergen to see if the experiment could be
done at ambient temperature there.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/sj/lo...orecast/310461

Funny, New England USA was that cold over the weekend, and we are at
the latitude of Spain.
https://brilliantmaps.com/cities-transposed-latitude/

That must mean that the tip end of Narragansett is about the same average temperature as the well known shores of Spain in the summer time.

Spitzbergen idea - LOL !

Wow, images of Spitzbergen are nice. I get words like Spitzbergen and Zugspitze (the highest mountain in German, literally translated as "train peak") mixed up.