Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did the first covid mutation occur in a black person.

On 08/02/2021 11:34, Pancho wrote:
On 08/02/2021 07:48, jon wrote:
On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 07:04:57 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Does it really matter? All viruses mutate when they are stopped in some
way the ones that survive live toÂ* create more of their kind. That is
how the virus arms race goes and always has done.

Brian

Same as human evolution, but I was interested in whether the first
covid-19
mutation occurred in Africa, as it is the cradle of civilisation.

No, it isn't. That term is applied to Mesopotamia. Africa is merely
the genesis of mankind.

That's how it was when we were kids but I think the current thinking is
that civilisation may have started independently in a few different
places. The Fertile Crescent (including Nile Delta), but also Indus
valley, north China plain and Mesoamerica.

But none of those are 'Africa' even Egypt is more 'Mediterranean'

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft