Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Television Production

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
In many cases they do not actually cut just use a fast fade from what
I've heard. quite why they do it that way is probably due to the built
in default effect and to help remind anyone who is involved in the
show that the shot is going to change. Brian

From my days in Television Centre which finished nearly 50 years ago,
the standard command from the Presention Editor was "lead sound and ...
CUT"

Generally, the last thing you want is the picture cutting before the
sound, on a scene transition.

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.