Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

On 08/02/2021 08:42, polygonum_on_google wrote:
Anyone convinced?

Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

Engineers explore using gentle slopes rather than steep dams or mountains to store electricity

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ergy-batteries

RheEnergise is bringing innovation to pumped hydro storage. We call our new solution High-Density Hydro „¢.

HD Hydro „¢ uses our proprietary HD Fluid R-19 „¢, which has 2.5x the density of water. R-19 gives RheEnergise projects 2.5x the power and 2.5x the energy when compared to water.

https://www.rheenergise.com/

I wonder what their proprietary HD Fluid R-19 „¢ actually is?

They claim: Our innovative fluid R-19 TM is environmentally benign and has been engineered to be non-reactive and non-corrosive.

" Chief executive Stephen Crosher told Professional Engineering that the
liquid is a fine-milled suspended solid in water, with low viscosity and
low abrasion characteristics. The base material is used in oral
medication applications, in a similar way that chalk is used as a
bulking agent for pills and tablets. He said the raw materials are
common and available, including in the UK, and the fluid could either be
manufactured on-site or at a depot. "

https://www.imeche.org/news/news-article/high-density-pumped-hydro-could-be-installed-on-thousands-of-small-hills

--
Robin