Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

Is it moreviscous though? Does it have to be? I wonder if it freezes like
water does? That could be embarrassing on a day like today, sorry guv our
battery is now an ice rink.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
S wrote:

I expect they say its because of PE = m.g.h
where PE is Potential energy = mass x value of gravity x hieght.
So by increasing the mass by 2.5x, you then get 2.5 x the PE.

but as well as getting 2.5x out, you have to put 2.5x in, plus you have to
deal with losses from pumping a more viscous fluid.