Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

I don't know but where is the actual point? It is presumably that it will
take up less room. So what do we know that is heavier by volume than water?
Obviously not mercury if its benign, and one supposes does not evaporate
either.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
Anyone convinced?

Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

Engineers explore using gentle slopes rather than steep dams or mountains to
store electricity

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ergy-batteries

RheEnergise is bringing innovation to pumped hydro storage. We call our new
solution High-Density Hydro T.

HD Hydro T uses our proprietary HD Fluid R-19 T, which has 2.5x the density
of water. R-19 gives RheEnergise projects 2.5x the power and 2.5x the energy
when compared to water.

https://www.rheenergise.com/

I wonder what their proprietary HD Fluid R-19 T actually is?

They claim: Our innovative fluid R-19 TM is environmentally benign and has
been engineered to be non-reactive and non-corrosive.