Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Get -40C in my fillet weld tensile break tests

"Joe Gwinn" wrote in message

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 17:40:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The pipe fitting that enables making a condenser or similar concentric tube
structure is a pipe reducer with the smaller end bored through on a lathe.
Brass is easier than copper to chuck and turn. A 6-jaw chuck helps hold the
reducer without (much) distortion, or you can jam a fitted wood plug into
the large end.

I don't visualize this.

Boring out the stop in the reducer's small end allows the smaller pipe to
pass through the fitting into the larger one, concentrically. I first did
this to run a cold water feed pipe through a former heating element hole to
near the opposite (lower) side of an old electric water heater tank that I'd
converted to solar and mounted horizontally.

It did adequately heat water for laundry without using electricity, but it
wasn't worth the fuss versus Cold Water Tide.

Are you ready for California-style electric rates and monthly allocations?
https://www.sce.com/residential/rate...ial-Rate-Plans