Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT Television Production

On 07/02/2021 18:21, JohnP wrote:
A couple of things intrugue me about TV production:

1. How are the backgrounds and floor effects done on shows like Dancing on
Ice and Who wants to be a Millionaire. If projected, why don't the
presenters get in the way?

I assume it is CGI these days. At one time, you could sometimes see
faint images on the performers, if you looked closely.

2. When cutting from one scene (in a drama) do they often cut to the new
sound - ahead of the picture? I suppose it is for some artistic reason -
but I can't appreciate it.

It makes the transition less abrupt, rather like a fade effect, but
using sound rather than vision.

--
Colin Bignell