Posted to uk.d-i-y
S[_5_] S[_5_] is offline

Default Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

On 08/02/2021 08:42, polygonum_on_google wrote:
Anyone convinced?

Powering up: UK hills could be used as energy 'batteries'

Engineers explore using gentle slopes rather than steep dams or mountains to store electricity

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ergy-batteries

RheEnergise is bringing innovation to pumped hydro storage. We call our new solution High-Density Hydro „¢.

HD Hydro „¢ uses our proprietary HD Fluid R-19 „¢, which has 2.5x the density of water. R-19 gives RheEnergise projects 2.5x the power and 2.5x the energy when compared to water.

https://www.rheenergise.com/

I wonder what their proprietary HD Fluid R-19 „¢ actually is?

They claim: Our innovative fluid R-19 TM is environmentally benign and has been engineered to be non-reactive and non-corrosive.

I expect they say its because of PE = m.g.h

where PE is Potential energy = mass x value of gravity x hieght.

So by increasing the mass by 2.5x, you then get 2.5 x the PE.