Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Scientists are seeing an 'acceleration of pandemics': They are looking at climate change

David P wrote

Scientists are seeing an 'acceleration of pandemics':

Hardly surprising given that the mass movement
of people continues to accelerate at a massive rate.

They are looking at climate change

More fool them. There has in fact been **** all measured
climate change and vastly less than we have seen in the past.

by Doyle Rice, USA TODAY, 9/10/20

Just some ****wit journo in yet another **** rag.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS:
"We have entered a pandemic era,"
a recent study in the journal Cell said.

We have always had pandemics, ****wit.

Almost certainly, the impacts of pandemics like
COVID-19 are exacerbated by climate change.

Mindlessly silly given that we have in fact seen
sweet **** all climate change in the last decade.

"It is hard to imagine that climate change
will be anything good for human health."

How odd that human health did fine with previous
much more dramatic climate change.

COVID-19 may only be the beginning of global pandemics €“
a future scenario in which climate change may also play a role.

More utterly mindless silly stuff.

"We have entered a pandemic era,"
said a recent study in the journal Cell.

We have always had pandemics, stupid.

Written by Dr. Anthony Fauci & medical historian
Dr. David Morens, both of the National Institute of
Allergy & Infectious Diseases, the study paints a picture
of a future where pandemics become more numerous.

Without a shred of evidence that it has anything
to do with climate change and a wealth of evidence
that it it has much more to do with the mass movement
of people and how china does its agriculture.

€œI dont have a crystal ball, but what we are seeing looks
very much like an acceleration of pandemics,€œ Morens
told BuzzFeed News. Causes he cited include deforestation,
urban crowding and wet markets for wild game.

Which has nothing to do with climate change and
wet markets have always been with us, stupid.

But climate change's possible role is complicated: We know
that the virus survives longer in cold temperatures than hot,
so that could mean that a warmer planet would slow the spread
of the disease, said meteorologist Jeff Masters, who writes
for Yale Climate Connections. On the other hand, he said
heat waves cause people to spend more time indoors in
A/C spaces, where the spread of the disease increases.

And yet this virus is worse in winter, stupid.

Unsuitable for 'human life to flourish': Up to 3B
will live in extreme heat by 2070, study warns

And that claim is straight from their collective
arses, we can tell from the smell.

none of the rest of this even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs