Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Loss of voting rights

David P wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David P wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David P wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman wrote
If jail was an attempt to rehabilitate, being
allowed to vote could be part of that process?
Instill a sense of civil responsibility?

Not even possible with most crims.

2/3 of the prison population is drug & alcohol
abusers, the others are mostly mentally ill.
12-step spiritual recovery works the best,
but most won't follow the suggestions.

If our political leaders had court-ordered job requirement
to attend 3 meetings a week of Politicians Anonymous, to
learn a new way of life & become less selfish,

Only you would advocate political re-education
camps and for some odd reason no one else does.

They're not allowed to. The predecessor to the 12-step program,
the Washingtonians, in the 1840s, had 200,000 - 300,000 members,
but then got into other issues, like anti-slavery and Temperance,
which caused them to break up. The founders of A.A. knew that,
and were determined to not let that happen again, so they devised
the principle of Singleness of Purpose.

All completely irrelevant to your stupid line about
political re-education camps for politicians.

All completely irrelevant to your continued
support for Politics As Usual,

I do nothing of the sort. I have always maintained
that all pollys are useless ****wits and that most
voters are even worse. However, a decent democracy
leaves all the alternatives for dead. in spades with
political re-education camps for politicians.

which has given us endless war since the Beginning,

We have had wars since long before there were
any politicians at all, most obviously with tribal
wars and we have never had endless war either.

And your stupid political re-education camps
for politicians doesnt stop wars anyway.

two World Wars in the last 100 years,

And no more since the last one, due to nukes and NATO.

& 100 seconds from Midnight on the Doomsday Clock!

That has always been mindless political bull****.

then more of the drunks & druggies would get into recovery.
Monkey see, monkey do. lol