Posted to alt.home.repair
Darlene Bell Darlene Bell is offline

Default Ice Maker Not Filling

I'm replying to my own question, just in case it might help someone. I finally found a good clear photo of the heated tube that made it pretty clear how it had to be removed and I've made the repair. The heated fill tube plugs in right next to the ice maker, so here's what I did. I removed the ice maker (two screws and then pull it forward) but didn't have to unplug it. The fill tube can be clearly seen where it enters above the ice maker. It plugs in right next to the ice maker plug. When I unplugged the fill tube the control panel for the refrigerator went out, but it did not effect the refrigerator and freezer staying cold. Once the fill tube is unplugged it is supposed to be easy to pull it out from the back of the refrigerator (It's under a small plastic panel -- the water line goes into it), but when it's frozen like mine was it won't budge. I unplugged the refrigerator for 2 hours and then was able to pull it out with a lot of twisting and tugging. The new piece slipped easily into the hole. I plugged it in to the top of the freezer (inside), replaced the ice maker, freezer drawers, and the freezer door, reattached the water line, and the next morning my ice maker was making ice again!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-3091883-.htm