Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Building a 12x12 gazebo: canopy?

On 2/7/21 6:59 PM, wrote:
Thank you all for the suggestions so far.
A few clarifications:
1. The Boss (missus) wants a gazebo LIKE this: (https://www.bjs.com/product/berkley-...0000002484761).
2. I said I can build one much stronger than that aluminum frame, and it won't bend in the first wind storm.
3. She said fine, but needs to be 4-sided roof: no gable ends. And, needs to (heaven help me) "look nice, like the one from the store." So, tarps are out of the question.
4. I figure the best thing would be to remove the roof covering during winter or prior to severe storms to minimize any damage, and just leave the gazebo frame standing out there.
5. Permanent roof (metal, wood, shingle, etc) would get the attention of nosey neighbors and their need to call in code enforcement. So, yet one more vote for removable fabric roof covering.

OK... how about this then:

https://www.yescomusa.com/collection...eplacement-top

they have other colors