Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water tank replacement

On 2/7/2021 7:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:

A good fit for a tankless might be a vacation rental property where renters
expect hot water when they get there and where if it's a beach house, etc
there could be a lot of people showering, doing wash, etc in short periods.

That is where my friend has one in Ocean City. In summer, weekends may
be 5 adults and 3 kids. Weekdays, one or zero. The other 6 months it
can be empty for weeks and they she goes for a couple of days and empty
again.

I find it works well in the shower because I turn the water on full and
it easily keeps up. At the sink, you have to turn the water on enough
for good flow to start the heater. Not a big deal as I only visit a
week here and there.