Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Three phase wiring

On 7 Feb 2021 at 13:29:39 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
wrote:

On 07/02/2021 12:36, ARW wrote:
On 07/02/2021 11:27, Robin wrote:

TLC sell up to 6mm 3-core NYY-J by the meter

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/NY6slash3.html

Yes but he also needs and earth and neutral:-)

you don't need a neutral with 3 ph surely?

I think it depends on what you have connected to it. The second hand 1HP three
phase motor I obtained turned out only to have star wired connections so I did
need a neutral. In another post someone pointed out that if you need to use a
single phase for control circuits you also need neutral.

--
Roger Hayter