Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Felted flat roof, moss and chippings

alan_m wrote:
On 07/02/2021 11:10, Chris Green wrote:
AnthonyL wrote:
Over the past year or so quite a lot of moss has grown on my garage
roof. It is pretty much a very big sponge.

I've had some success by shovelling a few spades at a time into a big
container full of water and then gently fishing out the moss with a
rake. But that's nowhere near 100% effective.

Ideas and what should I do next?

Leave it where it is? Whatever you do to remove it is likely to
damage the roofing surface. What harm is it doing?

Probably not a lot until it freezes

If the roof is porous and it freezes then it's going to get damaged,
if the roof isn't porous then it doesn't really matter if what's on
top freezes.

--
Chris Green
ยท