Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Kerosene vs diesel

Our oil burner was recently converted from diesel to kerosene. Due to a faulty level gauge the tank ran dry. By mistake I threw a couple of gallons of red diesel into the tank. I can get some kerosene from a local filling station. How much kerosene might I need to dilute the red diesel?
What damage might burning red diesel do to a kerosene system. ( I wasn't here when the burner was converted but I imagined it only involved changing he injector/nozzle.

Sods law. These problems only occur at the weekend when service isn't available never mind a refill of the tank