Bruce

Default Broken automatic oiler on Poulan Pro 260 chain saw

I've confirmed that the automatic oiler on my well maintained, 1.5
year old saw has stopped working (burned up bar and chain before I
knew). I removed the chain brake cover and blew out (with compressed
air) all accumulated debris. Ran the saw at mid throttle without the
chain and bar and didn't see any oil output. The passage from the oil
reservoir is clear (emptied oil and blew compressed through passage
from chain brake to reservoir). Any clues? And how exactly does the
saw force the oil from the resevoir, through the passage, and onto the
bar? The Poulan manual and consumer support 800 rep are useless.

Would love to fix this myself; can't afford the downtime at the shop
right now.

-- Bruce

PS - This saw has been nothing but trouble. I use it to maintain my
25 acres and to cut wood to heat my home. I'll be buying a higher end
model next time.